Volunteer for Childcare projects with Volunteering Solutions and make a difference in the lives of children from underprivileged communities, spend time with them. This is the best way forward when it comes imagining a better future for the world and working towards it.
With childcare volunteering projects available in across 20 countries in Asia, Africa, Latin America, and Europe, volunteers will get to engage meaningfully with the locals, learn a new language, meet other fellow volunteers from across the globe and experience the benefits of civic engagement.
As a volunteer in the childcare projects, volunteers get to:
- Do volunteer work with children in a kindergarten, school, special needs center, or care center for mothers and babies
- Work closely with kids – teach them, design fun games for them, help in making their meals, feed them, and engage them with learning and playful activities
- Learn about the Early Childhood Development and needs of mothers with a dual burden of childcare and making a living
- Raise funds for the center and long term sustainability of the childcare center
- Engage with the local community, learn a new language and interact with all stakeholders of children’s development
Tanzanian volunteers stay in our lovely volunteer hostel in the city of Arusha. It’s a comfortable and fun place to live same and you’ll generally be staying in a same-sex dormitory. Bed linen is provided but you please bring your own towel. The hostel has hot showers, WiFi, and plenty of communal space for you to share with other volunteers. Breakfast and dinner will be provided for you as part of your programme fee.
Special needs volunteer program in Tanzania can include many different aspects depending on the children and adults you get to work with. Serving with the special needs volunteer program in Tanzania is a highly rewarding and challenging experience at the same time. In Tanzania children and adults with mental or physical disabilities are often overlooked by the government and the general public and always do not receive the care and support they need.
Lifted Strong’s special needs volunteer program projects range from general caregiving to assisting in therapy and teaching special education lessons, volunteers can use their specific skills and gain valuable experience. Take action, help those with disabilities and volunteer to support people with special needs!